What’s the reason?
What is the reason on the eviction notice?
Is the eviction reason listed in the notice one of the following?
1. Failure to pay the rent;
2. Violating the lease;
3. Committing a nuisance;
4. Committing Waste (damaging the property);
5. The tenant refuses to sign a lease extension or renewal – provided
the lease is of similar duration and with similar provisions as the
6. Criminal activity on the residence, or criminal activity/threat
directed at the landlord or agent of the landlord;
7. Subletting contrary to lease restrictions;
8. Refusal to let the landlord enter the unit in order to make repairs,
in case of emergency, after the tenant abandons the property, or
under court order;
9. Using the property for unlawful purposes;
10. Failing to vacate after the tenant is terminated as an employee,
licensee, or agent of the landlord; OR
11. The tenant fails to vacate after providing written notice of their
intent to vacate the property, or after an offer to surrender is
accepted by the landlord.