Find out what eviction protections you have
Ok. Let’s see if you have Oakland Just Cause protections.
Do you live in any of the following?
- A unit built after December 31st 1995 (if you are not sure, call the County Assessors and they can tell you very quickly) OR
- The same unit as your landlord, and you do not have your own kitchen or bathroom OR
- A hospital, skilled nursing facility or healthcare facility OR
- A nonprofit facility whose primary use is short-term treatment for drugs or alcohol, and you were told that the facility was temporary/transient when you moved in OR
- A nonprofit facility with a structured living environment whose purpose is to assist homeless folks in building skills for independent living, where occupancy is limited to a specific/limited time not greater than 24 months, and you were told that the facility was temporary/transient at the beginning