Yes, I live in one of these
Your home doesn’t qualify for “OAKLAND Rent Control”.
But, let’s see if you’re protected under the CA Tenant Protection Act. In 2019, A bill was signed called the The Tenant Protection Act. This Act protects units that may not be protected under Oakland’s Rent Ordinance and Oakland’s Just Cause for Eviction Ordinance. Let’s see if you qualify.
Do you live in any of these?
1. Hotels or hostels or other short-term stay housing;
2. Non-profit hospital, religious facility, extended care facility, licensed elderly care facility, or adult residential facilities provided by State social services;
3. Student dormitories;
4. Single Family Home with the landlord or a Duplex where the landlord (not the master tenant) lives on the property (includes in-law units);
5. Affordable housing, subsidized housing, HUD housing, or deed-restricted housing.
6. A duplex in which the owner of the property lives in the second unit?